Friday, December 17, 2010

Fry and Shrimp Pellets

Here are my darling little fry during dinner. They are eating a dissolved shrimp pellet that one of the people I bought my aquarium from gave me. She was selling all of her aquariums because she couldn't care for it anymore and she told me since I was raising guppies, that the fry would love this. And she was right! You drop them in the tank and after a few minutes it crumbles into tiny pieces that the fry can eat.

A mixture of Lemon, Spot, and Bertha's fry eating dissolving shrimp pellet.


As I said before, I was attempting to grow shrimp for them to eat but I don't think it's working right. Or maybe they haven't hatched... I'm not sure, I thought I saw one floating around but I'm not sure if it was dust floating in the water or a newly hatched shrimp. In any case, I thought I saw one so I put in a little of the algae powder that is supposed to be their food and well... now I'm not sure what spec is what haha. I didn't have a spare heater so I put it right next to a lamp but I don't think it's heating it up enough. We'll give it a few more days to see what happens...

Do you see any shrimp in there? lol

And I end today with a video of the guppy fry swarming the food.

1 comment:

  1. was enjoying this read, and suddenly stopped, details bouy details i want to know whats happen since and judging on the time scale since last post you may off given up or onto a the 24th generation by now

    ReplyDelete